Thursday, August 10, 2006

Topic #14--"Home" Entry


This entry from Patrick really moved me.

I decided to post his whole blog entry, as truncating it would not give the whole picture.

He says, ""in my head, we're laying in bed, that night, and she says that i felt so right, so good, so perfect."
"i said, it was like coming home."

this one made me cry.

see, i couldnt for the last few years talk about my past, write about it, draw about it. i had to ignore things that had led to who i have become. even if it was a prt of what made me a better person.

its involved and i dont want to get into it right now.

about four or so years ago i had this relationship, it was with a woman who had been my first real girlfriend in highschool, it was brief but it was full of, passion, emotion, love.

and it ended.

so i wrote a short story that i was going to make into a comic called last weekend, it was about me going back to where i had grown up and the breakup. it was brutal and painful and horrorable.

i just never got around to drawing it. and then, when i was finally ready to, i couldnt. so i forgot about it.

and this brings me to "home"

i wanted to do heat last week but couldnt nail it, ironically all the sketches were very similar to what i came up with for this. ive been racking my brains thinking about "home", what it is, what i think of as home, and i thought id have to sit this one out as well.

then i remembered this one part of the story and it clicked.


that was home."

3 comments