Friday, October 20, 2006

Topic #24--"Gothic" Entry





From Suzie-Q!:

"I used two of my own photographs, taken in our local churchyard, where my grandparents are buried. The beautiful Arched doorway is what's left of the old church which was seriously damaged in a storm, I think, when I was a little girl. A new church was built at the same site, but the ruins were left as they stood, and these doors are in the one wall that's left standing.

The second photograph was of the beautiful Celtic Cross that stands as a memorial to the Baldwin family. Way before my time one of them, Stanley Baldwin, was Prime Minister and some of his relations are buried here at St Michael's & All Saints, Stourport.


I enjoyed this challenge - it was the only Art I managed to get done this week! (Top picture is a scan, bottom is a photo to let you see the 3D effect I created with the doors.)"

3 comments