Saturday, April 07, 2007

Topic #47--"Yellow"


From Brandie!:

"I approached this week's challenge thinking I would go "Monochromatic". I used a bright yellow for the walls and a dark shade of yellow ochre for the floor. Other than that I added black acrylic and graphite for definition. To add to the singularity of the monochromatic scheme, all the photos used in this collage are actually cut from the same snapshot, and the ephemera is from one page of an accounting book...

"Yellow" Cheerful sunny yellow is an attention getter. While it is considered an optimistic color, people lose their tempers more often in yellow rooms, and babies will cry more. It is the most difficult color for the eye to take in, so it can be overpowering if overused. Yellow enhances concentration, hence its use for legal pads. It also speeds metabolism...

Okay, I must confess, I have used the image in a collage before. I couldn't help it... It's amazing how much color can come out of a little black and white snapshot... Again these kids are in the throws of dusty dirty poverty... yet they are having a good time playing and enjoying each other... they make me smile."

Labels: ,

1 comments