Saturday, December 09, 2006

Topic #31 "Sparkles" Entry


From Tricia!

"I am having trouble photographing the sparkles although the girl's hat does have glitter on it, I promise. :)

I began this piece at a local altered art group that meets at our local library. There have been several meetings of this group that I have been unable to attend because of Livi's dance rehearsals so I was really happy to be able to make it today. I had a wonderful time, the women there are all super-super sweet and talented.


The precious little girl on the wallhanging is from a postcard I found at an antique mall near our house. The papers are scrapbooking papers and wallpaper. "joyeux noel" is written with rub-on letters onto ledger paper. I added the stitching and the oil pastels, the lettering, the wire from an old necklace, and the crystal prism after I got home.

I moved it from the wall and it is now hanging on the post at the bottom of our stairs."

2 comments