Sunday, December 10, 2006

Topic #32--"Edge" Entry


From Tricia!

"This week the topic is "EDGE." I immediately thought of a woman on the edge, the verge of a nervous breakdown but as I was going through my images I found this fellow and I knew I had to use him instead and I knew his name was Billy.

I did a search online for quotes that had the word "edge" in it and I found several I liked. I ended up not using the actual quote I chose word for word but it gave me the idea for the sentence I wrote.

The background I had painted previously on watercolor paper. I placed Billy on copper-colored scrapbook paper with photo corners and then did some doodling with a black pen. I stamped the spiral stamp several times with brown ink. I originally had not intended on adding the image of the woman but I messed up by stamping a large number 3 and not liking it at all so I covered it up with her-Belle. This led to more doodling and to the addition of the hearts. The hearts are punched from an old wallpaper scrap. I stapled a piece of ribbon to the left side and cut out the dictionary definition of "cowboy", made some dots with a gold pen and the piece was done.

I liked "Billy" the moment I saw him. I wonder if he was a real cowboy or if he just dressed up like that for the photo."

4 comments