Thursday, December 21, 2006

Topic #33--"Stripes" Entry


From Laura!:

"Hope is the dream of a soul awake." -- French Proverb

Artist's note: I believe hope can be very strong and powerful and that if we hold it close in our hearts, anything is possible.

Despite a super busy week, I'm glad I made time to create this piece, it provided a much needed creative break!
7x7 - acrylic paint, tissue papers, painted chipboard heart detailed w/ gold pen, metallic doilie piece for corner (doilie was also inked up and randomly stamped on bkgrd) paper text from vintage childrens' dictionary, wings made from vintage wallpaper, real candycane (!) scanned in and added to illustration for her to hold, I also painted her dress out to tone down & mute the colors, striped cardstock for crown/hat is my custom design

May Hope, Peace, Joy and Love fill your hearts and homes this holiday season,
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!"

1 comments