Thursday, June 15, 2006

Topic #6--"Secret" Entry


Lennea's wonderful creation sheds light on our realities--I found myself nodding to her pearls of wisdom and cracking up as well.....enjoy!

She says, "I think it's just human nature to be curious about other people's lives. Do those perfectly manicured, thin, put together women have secret lives of chin hairs and dust bunnies? I choose to think they do (makes feel better about myself)! For this challenge I used vintage images of women and their lives from a 1930's women's magazine collaged on 4x4" sturdy matboard and tied together with vintage ribbon.These magazines always crack me up in the same way "Leave it to Beaver" and " the Brady Bunch" cracks me up. These women are waaaaay too happy about doing the laundry. So what are some of the secrets of Perfect Women? Glad you asked...

1. serves meals to family on paper plates
2.washed child's hair with dog shampoo
3. plucks stray chin hairs
4. doesn't separate colors
5.has drawer full of skin firming creams
6. counts running thru sprinklers as bathtime
7.counts ketchup as a vegetable group
8. alters clothes with safety pins and staples
9. packed school lunch of pop tart and tic tacs

Of course, these aren't MY secrets...I,uh just made them up....really...."

2 comments