Monday, November 27, 2006

Topic #30--"Window" Entry


From Fran!:

"I was quite inspired by the Artwords topic of the week, "Window"! My mind went in many different directions, but in the end, it was a sheet of watercolor paper and my Pigma Micron pen that finally "won". Most of my work is very textured and collage, but fo this one, I felt I could draw what I wanted for this piece. It's a stretch for me, but I'm glad I went with it. Adding in the watercolor washes helped to define some of the images and to show the stark difference between the inside of the kitchen and the potential outside the window.
I pictured a 1970's kitchen and a woman dressed in her apron. She is working hard to finish the housework and looks longingly out the window, wondering what is out there for her. She is certain that it is something better than the drab mustard-colored kitchen!"

1 comments