Sunday, April 08, 2007

Topic #47--"Yellow"


From Amanda!:

"It's great to be contributing to Artwords again after an enforced break. Actually this is the first artwork I've done since returning from Melbourne nearly 2 weeks ago. The whole thing took a bit of a toll on my health and I guess I will have to factor in that sort of recovery period after each trip down this year.
Tomorrow I plan to get back to my masters work but today I took a trip to Wynnum about half an hour from my home and took some photos.
This refinery is on the way back. The whole area is full of "Jeffrey Smart" moments, as my husband pointed out. Wonderful if you like photographing industrial scenery - and I do.
Photoshop is a wonderful way for me to get my creative juices flowing again and I was even able to locate the exact spot to show you on a map on Flickr - great fun! Check it out here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/amandaw-w/450575858/

By the way, there is actually quite a bit of yellow in the sky, it just doesn't show up so well on screen."

Labels: ,

1 comments