Monday, November 20, 2006

Topic #29--"Birds" Entry

From Tricia!:




"I made it as you can see on Saturday. As I finished it up, I joked with my husband that I hoped the next artwords topic would be birds. How weird/cool is that?! Don't you love it when things like that happen? :)
Admid a hectic day, art was made and now it is time for bed. My mind is racing from caffeine but my body is exhausted.

16x20 canvas covered with dress pattern paper and gel medium for texture. black acrylic paint was next, then brown, then titanium buff. walnut ink was spritzed on. rubbed in. white fluid acrylics were watered down and sponged on. the ruler was added. (this is a special piece for me. i found the ruler in my stepdad's garage days after he passed away.) the wooden birds were painted buff, then white, jewel eyes were added. lace was added. other elements added, tiles and nest photo. also pieces from a nest we just got from the back porch on thursday. the last step was to drizzle and flick spots of beeswax for added softness.

This piece is a step in a new direction for me. i was extremely uncomfortable with the size of the canvas and actually i am surprised that i ended up with a piece that i like. art for our tv room! my original vision when i painted the canvas black is nowhere close to where i ended up. is this the way it works? i am just beginning. i am excited about this journey. i am trying to just breathe and go with it. good night to all. sweet dreams."


2 comments